11 March 2011

New Tools!

Or rather new machines? anyway I finally bought a rotary tumbler for my jewellery and I also bought a crock pot and some pickle.  For some reason it took me this long to buy a pickle pot and pickle and I don't know why, maybe it's because I am now doing more soldering.

As for the tumbler I have wanted one for ages, not just for polishing but for work hardening the metal as well.  I make all my own ear wires, so I am looking forward to some tumbling this weekend and finishing of the piercing projects I started.  More pics to follow over the weekend!

6 comments :

Gemheaven said...

I'd really like a Lortone but everytime I save I end up needed a large silver order *sighs

My basic works so I will have to keep saving lol!!

Where did you get yours from?

PeculiarForest said...

I got mine from cooltools.us the cheapest I could find, plus they sell ones with European voltage and plug so even better! :)

Gemheaven said...

Is sweating just thinking about the customs I'd have to pay :(

do you have to pay customs in France??

PeculiarForest said...

no didn't have to pay anything, where abouts are you?

Gemheaven said...

In the UK (Cornwall)~ custom charges are bad at the moment they seem to be getting everything :(

PeculiarForest said...

You shouldn't have to pay anything as I didn't. They mark the box as craft supplies. So it should be fine for you there.