25 April 2013

New bench, new work..

Hello! I wanted to show you my amazing new workbench, made by amazing other half, Dom.  I have been wanting a "proper" bench forever but couldn't justify the price.  After searching, a lot, I stumbled across one made out of an Ikea kitchen island.

"I have one of those in my kitchen!" I thought.

 So that is what it became, my new jewelers bench and it is the perfect size and everything. :)


Here is the original Ikea island


And what it became, the perfect jewellery bench!


...and me working at it


Here is a new necklace I have in my shop, all sterling silver.



Finally a first look at a new brooch I made for the Brooch a Week challenge


Thanks for reading :)





6 comments :

LjB said...

Very jealous! I dream of a real work bench. Ikea is just 20 min away, maybe I should try there too:-))

Angela said...

looks like it will suit your needs perfectly! I love getting anything that will help my crafting.

stopping in from EBT :)

PeculiarForest said...

Thanks both!

LjB, I added the original island so you can see what it looks like before :)

Michael Williams Sr said...

Do you know what the model of kitchen Island this is? Ikea does not seem to make it anymore.

Unknown said...

Could you please post the instructions on how to build the workbench?

Unknown said...

Could you please post the instructions on how to build the workbench?