10 September 2014

The life changing loaf of bread

If you know me you will know that I LOVE food! I love cooking it and I love eating it and I was also trying to maintain 2 blogs which is quite hard work, this one and a food blog.  Now I have decided to just have everything here so I will be moving some posts over to this one.

Since giving up wheat in the New Year, I surprisingly haven't missed bread at all, yes I still eat wheat occasionally, I am only human after all! There are times when I fancy a piece of toast with my scrambled eggs and when I do, this is what I eat.

I always keep a loaf of this stashed away in my freezer pre-sliced, that way I can just grab a piece or 2 whenever I want it. Amazing by itself but even better toasted and topped with hummus or paleo friendly jam.

This loaf is adapted from Sarah's recipe from My New Roots, here's my version:

Pre-heat your oven to 175 grad.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup/ 135g seed mix (sunflower, pumpkin etc.)
  • 1/2 cup/ 90g flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup/ 65g hazelnuts
  • 1 1/2 cups/ 145g rolled oats
  • 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
  • 3 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
  • 1 tsp fine grain salt (I use pink Himalayan)
  • 3 Tbsp. melted ghee or coconut oil
  • 1 1/2 cups/ 350ml water

Put everything into a bread tin or a flexible silicon bread pan, I use a flexible pan as it is easy to tell when the bread is ready to be baked.  Mix everything up and press down and leave to sit for 2 hours or even overnight.  The bread is ready to be baked when you pull the side of the flexible pan away slightly and the bread holds it's shape.

Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan and place the bread directly on the oven shelf and bake for another 30-40 minutes, it will sound hollow when tapped once done.

Leave to cool then slice up and freeze or eat as you like.



5 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh my goosshhh, this looks amazing Lou. Love nutty, seeds breads so I would 100% love this! Danielle x

Genuine scholarship essay writing said...

Wonderful post and it should be having the great meaning. I have understand it very well

starsofworld.com said...

Amazing blog! just love to share my thoughts on your blog post. Really appreciate your hard work.

naomiyang said...

Hi guys! Thank you very much for providing important information for me because I work as a writer for Hildegard E. Peplau's theory of interpersonal relations for an affordable paper writing service. The theory of interpersonal relations is one of the most commonly used nursing theories.

Ciana Langham said...

Hello! I know how many people loo for writing sources with professional help. For me, the best place with all the necessary information is https://exclusivepapers.net/scholarship-essay-writing-service.php